2214 N. King Street | Honolulu HI 96819
Preschool Director: Joy Addiss | (808) 841-7022, ext. 723 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday – Friday from 7:00 am – 5:00pm* | For ages 3 – 5 years (must be potty-trained)
*To accommodate unique family needs, we offer 3 different sessions (listed with Fee Schedule below).
Accepting applications for 2017 and beyond. Apply NOW!
- Accepting applications for Wait List 2017 and beyond.
- Part-time or part-week sessions are offered as space is available.
- Arrangements for early drop-off or later pick-up can be made upon request.
TIMES TUITION (all ages)
Session I (8:30 am – 11:30 am) $555.00 monthly
Session II (8:30 am – 2:30 pm) $660.00 monthly
Session III (7:00 am – 5:00 pm) $775.00 monthly
- Additional hours (early drop off or later pick-up) may be added for $25.00 per half hour. No credit for shorter hours.
- A registration fee of $35.00 (non-refundable) is required at the time of application for enrollment.
- Fee does not include Lunch.
- Part-time sessions available for 2, 3, or 4 days a week. Call to inquire 841-7022, ext. 723.
- Snacks are provided daily. All of our children bring home lunches with a drink. Lunches are stored in the refrigerator and heated at lunchtime.
OUR PHILOSOPHY for the Preschool
We believe that God has created each child unique and special and that early childhood is a time of exploration and discovery. We seek to offer age-appropriate lessons and learning activities, encouraging each child to develop according to God’s timetable.
1 Corinthians 13:11 says, “When I was a child, I spoke as a child, thought as a child, reasoned as a child…” We believe that young children need their childhoods and we do our best to allow them the freedom and time to be little. Play is the focus of our day because for the young child, blocks, books, the doll corner, playdough and art experiences are the tools for learning. Computers, paper and pencil tasks and workbooks are for later learning.
All of our teachers are Christians and members of a local church. We believe that our faith is mostly “caught” not taught! We seek to keep our own faith vibrant and active through staff devotions and prayer at our bi-monthly staff meetings.
KUC Preschool…where every child is viewed as a Masterpiece of God in progress!
Mrs. Joy Addiss has been directing KUC Preschool since 1999. She has been teaching preschool for 30 years, previously working at First Chinese Church Preschool and Calvary Chapel Honolulu. She loves kids but especially preschoolers. Joy has a BA in Psychology from the University of Hawaii at Manoa and almost became a psychiatrist after graduating. She saw a poster in the Psych department that read, “It’s better to build children rather than repair adults” and felt like God was calling her to teach!
Joy is married to Jon Addiss from Lansing, Michigan and is the mom of two teenagers, Jonathan Paul (19) and Jenna Elizabeth (17) whom she homeschools. Her hobbies are cooking, reading, writing and watching movies on the Hallmark Channel.
Pics from the National School Choice Week celebration
Homemade Play Dough Recipe