- By webmaster
- March 10, 2017
- Comments Off on Kalihi Aloha Community Service Projects
Kalihi Aloha Community Service Projects
By Kendal Fong
One of the distinctive attributes of a Christian is to serve. For Christ Himself did not come to be served but to serve. Whenever we do acts of service, please keep the following in mind:
1.) All glory goes to God. Begin and open in prayer. Throughout the project be reminded of who you are serving.
2.) Serve with a smile and reflect the joy of the Lord. Your exemplification of Christ is reflected in your direct actions and attitude.
3.) Ask permission to serve if a home, business, school, or establishment is involved.
4.) Ask the people you are serving if there is anything else that you can specifically do to bless them.
5.) Invite the people you are serving to an upcoming event so that there can be an ongoing connection.
20 WAYS THAT YOU CAN SERVE IN KALIHI….
- Prayer walk in the neighborhood
- Pick up trash/rubbish along the sidewalk
- Clean up graffiti
- Scrape gum off the sidewalk
- Pull weeds along the sidewalk
- Clean up Richard Lane bridge
- Clean windows of N. King Street businesses
- Conduct work projects at Kalihi Waena Elementary
- Conduct work projects at Fern Elementary
- Serve at Manna ministry
- Collect canned goods for KUC food pantry
- Hand out water at the bus stop in front of KUC
- Manage a free car wash
- Make Kalihi blessing boxes/bags and hand them out
- Hand out Bibles and/or Gospel tracts
- Manage a free garage sale
- Offer yard cleaning to homes in Kalihi
- Offer hedge trimming to homes in Kalihi
- Collect bulky items (to be trashed) from homes in Kalihi
- Wave Campaign Jesus signs with a smile
At KUC we will be hosting community service opportunities called “Kalihi Aloha” blessings during the week of March 20th to 24th from 12:30pm-2:00pm, and we will be doing some of the above listed ideas. If interested, please contact Pastor Kendal. However, you can do any of these projects as a small group, ministry or family at any time. If you need supplies, equipment, connections and/or resources, please contact Pastor Kendal at least one week in advance. When you have completed your Kalihi Aloha blessing, please share a report to Pastor Kendal for administrative purposes, but more so, for testimony of God’s glory. May you be blessed as you serve the Lord in Kalihi!
For more information, or if you have any questions please contact Pastor Kendal Fong. E-mail: Kendal.firstname.lastname@example.org Work Phone: #808-841-7022 x705